Thursday, January 20, 2011

New Year


Hmmm...it's already January.  Where does time go?  We have had a lot of fun the past few months.  Aylee turned 5, Malekai 2, and Damon 1.  It's crazy how fast your babies grow up.  We had a lot of fun over the holidays with family and friends and not to mention Santa Clause!  Good Times.

School started again for Andrew and I so we are back to our crazy lives.  I have been running for about six months now and will be running this Saturday in the St. George Half Marathon (it used to be the Painters Half).  It should be interesting, haha.  I'm not expecting an amazing time or anything just want to be able to have events that hold me accountable to running consistently.  Next up is the Marathon in October..wahh wish me luck on that one!  I of course will do races up til then but nothing more than 10K's at a time.

Aylee is going to play soccer this year and is absolutely excited about it.  I remember soccer at that age and I don't think its much of a spectator sport!  I keep telling myself it will be fun to go watch anyway!

Malekai thinks he has to eat yogurt all day long.  He's now climbing up the shelves in the fridge trying to get it by himself.  I'm just waiting for the whole shelf of food/milk/etc to come tumbling down.  Can't you see it?  That would make for a happy mom..

Damon is one now and pretty close to walking.  I keep waiting for the day.  I am getting quite the biceps from hauling that chunk of a boy around all day long!  He really is a funny boy.  Always has a funny face or wooing smile to keep us laughing!

That all for now.  hopefully will have more soon!

4 comments:

Amanda Tippetts said...

Your kids are fabulous. Haylee didn't walk until she was 14 months and it was so fun to watch her because every phase lasted long enough to appreciate it. Now she is trying to run and she looks like a speed walker. It is great!

Good luck on the marathoning. I'm going to have to do some accountablity events also cause my running is going nowhere... literally. Good luck with school. Hopefully we'll see you soon!

Angela said...

It is about time you updated this thing. You never told me you were running the marathon this year. You pest. Are you doing the provo half with me in august? You better. Love ya. I am so proud!

Brooke said...

That is so cool that you are running! I have this app on my phone that is training me for a 10k! Hopefully I can finish. Good luck. We might be coming down soon. I will let you know.

Brooke Ulrich said...

I miss you!!! This post is awesome. I miss your kiddos too. We are going to get together one of these days. I need a little "Amber" time ya know!