Monday, August 23, 2010

Tiny Miracles

I've been debating on whether to or not to share my "tiny miracle"  mostly because a personal experience might sound silly to someone who wasn't there or feeling the same things I was but I have finally decided that I should record even my tiniest of miracles so that I can always recognize the many blessings I receive daily.  So here it goes...

It was last Wednesday night,  the rain, lightening, and thunder were full force and Andrew was still out of town and not expected back until Thursday night around six.  I had another one of those days and was unraveling into quite a mess (this happens frequently).  I got the kids into bed and despite my exhaustion, decided I better kneel to pray before collapsing into my inviting bed!  I tearfully expressed my gratitude to my Heavenly Father for Andrew and told Him how much I loved and missed him.  I felt prompted to ask for his safe return home even though it wasn't until the next night and then ended my prayer and jumped into bed.  It wasn't an hour later that to my surprise Andrew arrived home safe and sound.  It was a strange feeling  but I knew that Heavenly Father heard and answered my prayer, a lot faster than I had expected.  He explained that the didn't have enough work for a full day on Thursday so he and his co-worker headed back to St. George even amidst the storm.  Although it may seem silly to others, or even appear to be coincidence, to me it strengthened my testimony of prayer and also reminded me of my divinity and worth.  I know that Heavenly Father loves me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't seem silly at all! What an awesome experience and for sure it's what helped your hubby get home safely! Thanks for the testimony builder and for sharing such a special experience!

Amanda Tippetts said...

Yeah, ditto. I really enjoyed reading that. Another tear! You are fabulous Amber!

Nilsson Family said...

Amber thats awesome. Don't you love things like that. I totally believe in miracles and blessings. Love ya!